To succeed in this position you will need to be a people person, assertive, highly detailed and able to produce accurate results in a fast paced environment. Your supervisor will be awesome, willing and able to assist you with your needs. Be prepared for some hustle and bustle in this position.
The Collection Specialist is responsible for enforcing the company’s credit policy while conducting investigations and collecting on delinquent accounts as well as communicating all credit related issues to the AR & Credit Manager.
Schedule: Full Time. M-F
Compensation: Competitive hourly pay. Plus benefits.
Contact: To apply click here!
- Manage and control Collection activities
- Serve as advocate for the Collections department; represent the Collections division in internal and external groups
- Directly and through subordinate staff, formulate, recommend and implement the collection policies and procedures of the agency
- Maintain documentation of all collected transactions
- Report preparation
- Placing direct phone calls and emails to customers that are past due
- Turning accounts over to an outside Collections Agency when our procedures have been exhausted
- Organize and take legal action when necessary on past due invoices
- Maintain Bankruptcy files on Customers
- Email, file, and fax
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Minimum of 2 years related business experience with strong emphasis on financials and supervision
- Strong leadership, managerial, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong written, oral and reading communication skills in order for the incumbent to accurately obtain, interpret and transcribe a variety of communications and instructions.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Good planning and organizational skills necessary to achieve business goals and to increase office efficiency
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to maintain effectiveness during change.
- Ability to work flexible/extended hours when necessary