Job Seekers Page
General Labor and Skilled Trade Jobs
Results Staffing understands what it’s like to look for a job. That’s why we work with you to understand your needs. We learn about your skill set and experience to determine what job in what division would be right for you. With our General Labor, Skilled Labor, Construction Final Cleans and School Support Divisions we are providing multiple opportunities with no fees to you. We staff a multitude of industries in light industrial, construction, food services, sanitation, custodial and more! We want to give you all the tools you need in the workforce. That’s why we provide our job seekers with safety and employee development programs to help make you a success. Get started today!
- Fill out an application.Come in Monday through Thursday from 9 AM to 1 PM to your nearest location, bring two forms of valid identification and fill out an application.
- We start early.We start dispatching daily positions at 5am so get here early! We will start matching qualified candidates with the right job bright and early.
- We will provide you with PPE.Come ready to work in the proper work attire such as pants and boots and we will match you to the right job. We provide you with all the PPE you need like a hard hat, safety vest, gloves and safety glasses. We also provide you with the basic work equipment you might need like brooms and shovels.
- We have daily and weekly assignments.Plenty of our customers find that they are short staffed and only need help for a day or so at a time. So if you’re just looking for some quick cash we can help. Others are looking for a longer placement and may want you to stick around weekly or even permanently. For new applicants with little work experience we recommend that you show up to the closest branch to you at 5am and demonstrate your dependability and work ethics to our recruiters so that they may place you on longer, higher paying and possibly permanent positions. Whether you’re looking for short or long term placement Results Staffing is the place to be.
- Turn in your time ticket.It’s as easy as that! You are provided with a time ticket either every morning or every week that you sign. You give your supervisor the ticket when you arrive and he/she will fill in your hours, sign off and give it back to you or send it directly to us. If you’re on a daily assignment you bring the ticket back to get paid and you’re ready to go! If you are on a weekly assignment you will receive your pay every Friday, one week behind.
Job Seeker Frequenty Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- CLOTHING | TOOLS | EQUIPMENT
- Do I need boots?
Yes, you need steel toed boots. It is a safety hazard to put you on a job site without them. If you’re looking to purchase them check out Walmart and Salvation Army.
- Do I have to wear long pants?
Yes, you must always wear jeans (and a sleeved shirt) or the type of pants required by the customer. We cannot send you to a jobsite in shorts as it is a safety hazard.
- Do I need my own equipment?
Our general labor division will provide you with equipment if you do not have your own. If it is not returned at the end of your assignment we will deduct it from your pay. Our skilled division needs you to have your own tools.
- APPLICATION PROCESS
- How do I apply?
In Person Monday through Thursday from 9am-1 pm.
- What do I need to bring with me when I apply?
2 original forms of valid government issued identification. We cannot legally accept expired, photocopied, or temporary licenses.
- Can I apply online?
If you are a Skilled Tradesmen who knows a craft you can apply online here: SKILLED TRADESMEN APPLICATION. Otherwise, for the General Labor, Schools and Final Clean Divisions you must apply in person at a local branch for now.
- ABOUT THE JOB
- Where would the job be located?
Our jobsites range from 0 to 30 miles around your home office.
- What kind of jobs do you have?
Our jobs are typically in places like warehouses, schools, on city property or constructions sites.
- What time do you open?
We open and start dispatching at 5 am.
- PAY RATE | PAYMENT | CHARGES
- How much do you pay?
Jobs start at minimum wage and go up depending on assignment and division you work with at Results Staffing. Your skill set will determine what jobs and customers we can assign you to.
- Do you pay daily or weekly?
Both! If you work a daily assignment we will pay you at the end of the day if you bring your ticket in by 5pm and finish your shift. Weekly assignments are paid one week behind every Friday
- Do you offer direct deposit?
Yes, however the customer and job you are assigned to will determine if this is an option for you.
- If I have experience do I get paid more?
We have jobs available for all skill levels and pay rates that we will match you to accordingly. Our specialized divisions will be sure to find you a job you can put your skills to use.
- If I lose the equipment do I get charged for it?
Yes , we do charge for any lost equipment.
- OTHER QUESTIONS
- Do I have to have a car to work there?
Not necessarily, we have a driver rider system that will get you to and from the jobsite. However, if you have a vehicle or know someone with a vehicle they have the opportunity to earn a little extra money by allowing riders in their car when going out to work.
- I’m looking for a 3rd shift job, what do I need to do to get one?
We definitely have 3rd shift jobs available! When you fill out an application you will have the ability to notate you’re interested. If you are currently working with us, let us know and we will find you’re the right assignment.
- What if I have a criminal record?
We understand that people come from all walks of life. As long as you have the necessary documents to apply we will match you with the right assignment.
- Do you have Spanish speaking only jobs?
Yes, we do! Come in or contact your home office and you will be able to speak to one of our bilingual recruiters.
- Do you have weekend work?
Yes, come in and make yourself available. There is a weekend availability sheet you can sign up on.
- Do you have any temp to hire?
Yes, always with no fees to you.
- W2 QUESTIONS
- How do I get my W2?
You must pick up your W2 with a valid form of identification at the branch you worked out of.
- Can you mail my W2?
Yes, but only with your written consent. Please contact the branch you applied at. Otherwise, You must pick up your W2 with a valid form of identification at the branch you worked out of.
Job Seeker Links
- Arlington Office and Job Listings
- Dallas Office and Job Listings
- Fort Worth Office and Job Listings
- Garland Office and Job Listings
- Houston Office and Job Listings
- Quick Phone NumbersDallas – 214-688-4008
Garland – 214-461-4008
Arlington – 817-394-4008
Fort Worth – 817-520-4008
Houston SW – 713-333-4008
Houston N – 713-337-4008
Skilled Division – 855-338-4008
Final Clean Division – 972-331-9300
For Customer Service, Sales or General Information please call: 1-844-264-4008
- Check Your HoursThis feature is being developed and will available soon.